Freelance Graphic Designer = 2017 (Dallas)
Freelance Graphic Designer = 2017
Founded in 1989, The Focal Point is a leading national trial graphics, strategy, and technology firm with offices in Oakland, New York, Chicago and Dallas.
We work with trial lawyers on complex, high stakes cases to uncover persuasive case theories and themes and turn them into winning courtroom presentations. We help our clients explore trial themes, discover critical insights, test their case with perspective jurors, and develop powerful trial graphics designed for maximum impact on decision makers.
We are looking for an experienced Graphic Designer who has vector-based illustration skills and experience with the Adobe Creative Suite—particularly in Illustrator—to provide contract assistance out of our Dallas West End office near downtown.
Ideal candidates will be experienced graphic designers with combined expertise in information design and vector-based illustration.
- Creates graphics and text exhibits for complex projects that convey key themes
- Creates designs that illustrate concepts and communicate information in a compelling way
- Develops visual presentations in both Illustrator and PowerPoint
- Collaborates with other designers and teams
- Ensures quality management process, actively managing high design standards and details are maintained
- Fosters commitment, team spirit, pride, and trust
We Are Looking For
- 3–5 years’ experience with the Adobe Creative Suite. Must be fluent with Illustrator. Demonstrated Flash skills a plus
- Fluent in PowerPoint and strong design skills
- Demonstrated command of design principles, including: hierarchy, aesthetics, composition, and typography
- Experience designing information for screen media
- Ability to understand and utilize new tools and technology
- A flexible individual who contributes to team efforts, including being comfortable asking questions, sharing feedback, and receiving critique
- Experience working with offsite teams/video conferencing/digital handoffs
- An excellent communicator who can listen and understand instructions to bring design experience into the tasks he or she is assigned
- A self-motivated individual with the ability to switch gears between multiple projects while maintaining a level head and a good sense of humor
- Ability to create work that is consistent with an established set of TFP style parameters and quality standards
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and commitment to create world-class, award-winning design work
- Desire to understand the business of The Focal Point and contribute new ideas for growth
- Ability to meet deadlines and work flexible shifts (includes evenings and weekends and the potential for travel)
- Ability to work in our office and in a PC environment
- BFA or equivalent combination of skills and experience
- Bonus for skills in: User interface design, motion design (After Effects), 3D modeling, and web programming
The Focal Point is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. EOE M/F/D/V.
Guy Grogan discuss the cures for turning a common closing summary into a powerful and persuasive argument for your case.