Senior Trial Consultant (New York)
Senior Trial Consultant
Founded in 1989, The Focal Point is a leading national trial graphics, strategy, and technology firm with offices in Oakland, New York, Chicago and Dallas.
We work with trial lawyers on complex, high stakes cases to uncover persuasive case theories and themes and turn them into winning courtroom presentations. We help our clients explore trial themes, discover critical insights, test their case with perspective jurors, and develop powerful trial graphics designed for maximum impact on decision makers.
At The Focal Point, we value individual initiative and encourage free thinking and innovation. We welcome individuals who are enthusiastic about building a meaningful career, and invite them to be part of the leading company in the field of trial consulting.
We are looking for an experienced Trial Consultant to serve as a client contact and manage projects in the development of persuasive visual trial presentations from our New York office. A successful presentation at trial will educate and inform jurors and provide a deeper connection to the emotional and moral principles that guide their decision making.
The Trial Consultant's responsibilities are to collaborate with external clients and in-house teams to conceptualize and develop effective visual and multimedia presentation projects. Working with our designers, they collaboratively develop ideas and analogies, sketch and storyboard concepts, and refine the resulting graphics. All of this is done while managing and exceeding client expectations. They do this by organizing, coordinating, and administering all resources and activities for projects end-to-end. Based in our New York office in the Wall Street area, this is a full-time, exempt position.
- Works with clients and project teams to distill complex issues and key themes into successful visual strategies for litigation
- Provides insight and creative solutions related to our firm's service offerings
- Delivers strategic advice and recommendations internally and to external clients
- Identifies and solicits new business opportunities with current clients and through referrals
- Leads TFP case teams in development of innovative and successful trial graphics and strategies
- Develops visual presentations in PowerPoint with the assistance of a graphic designer
- Ensures quality management process, actively managing high design standards and details are maintained
- Actively manages project costs and staffing levels based on constantly fluctuating client needs and deadlines and provide analyses and make recommendations to the client
- Fosters commitment, team spirit, pride, and trust
We Are Looking For
- A Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of skills and experience
- 5-7 years’ prior experience working with managing multiple projects and client expectations with ability to prioritize, staff development, and budget planning
- Previous litigation consulting experience
- Not subject to any agreement, order, or judgment that would in any way limit the ability to perform the functions of the position, for example, a restrictive covenant or a non-compete agreement
- Outstanding writing, communication, and presentation skills. Qualified applicants must have the ability work with several clients at a time (incl. senior law partners, chief in-house counsel, and corporate managers), managing the different expectations and communication styles of each client.
- Proven success with business development
- Committed to a team-oriented approach and able to work effectively with other team members. The position requires tolerance for change and the ability to rapidly adapt to the uncertainties of trial schedules.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to extract themes from complex data
- Able to work late night/weekends when necessary and travel occasionally
- Able to handle high pressure environment and tight deadlines on occasion
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- High level of PowerPoint proficiency
The Focal Point Offers
- Excellent opportunities for career development for qualified applicants who are motivated to provide the best consulting services in the industry and support to their fellow team members
- Competitive compensation, generous benefits, and the experience of working with one of the premier litigation consulting firms in the country
- A fun work environment
As part of The Focal Point’s comprehensive hiring process, we will be conducting a thorough background check on all eligible candidates. The Focal Point is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. EOE M/F/D/V.
Guy Grogan discuss the cures for turning a common closing summary into a powerful and persuasive argument for your case.