Research Associate (Dallas)
Founded in 1989, The Focal Point is a leading national trial graphics, strategy, and technology firm with offices in Oakland, New York, and Dallas.
We work with trial lawyers on complex, high stakes cases to uncover persuasive case theories and themes and turn them into winning courtroom presentations. We help our clients explore trial themes, discover critical insights, test their case with perspective jurors, and develop powerful trial graphics designed for maximum impact on decision makers.
We are looking for a highly skilled self-starter to join our jury consulting team as a research associate. In high-profile and high-stakes jury trials, lawyers rely on jury consultants to gain a winning edge in both criminal trials and complex civil litigation. Jury consultants are human behavior experts who help attorneys research and select jurors and provide insight into juror behavior. The research associate will be involved in supporting a wide variety of jury consulting activities and will assist in planning the logistics of all aspects of research projects. Based in either our downtown Oakland or Dallas West End office near downtown, this is a full-time, exempt position.
At The Focal Point, we value individual initiative and encourage free thinking and innovation. We welcome individuals who are enthusiastic about building a meaningful career, and invite them to be part of the leading company in the field of trial consulting.
- Helps coordinate research projects with both clients and vendors
- Performs qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Drafts questionnaires
- Helps compiles reports
- Researches case backgrounds, trial venues and verdicts
- Supports case teams on a wide variety of tasks
- In consultation with the jury consulting group, triages work based upon deadlines, budgets and available resources
- Collaborates with internal team to schedule, prepare resources, and document outcomes of select internal meetings
- In consultation with case team members, prioritizes and juggles different projects and case deadlines, understands appropriate time burdens for billable projects, reviews progress with team as appropriate, and offers support to other TFP teams when own projects are not busy
We are looking for
- A Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of skills and experience
- Strong PowerPoint, Microsoft Suite skills, experience with SPSS and research methodology is a plus
- Outstanding writing and communication skills
- Team orientation. TFP maintains a strong commitment to diversity and cooperation in a team-oriented culture. Applicants must be committed to a team-oriented approach and able to work effectively with other team members. The position requires tolerance for change and the ability to rapidly adapt to the uncertainties of trial schedules.
- Able to perform under pressure and demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to juggle and work on multiple projects and teams
- Able to work late nights/weekends, and travel occasionally. The company is committed to employees achieving a work-life blend which addresses the demands of the job.
The Focal Point offers
- Excellent opportunities for career development for qualified applicants who are motivated to provide the best consulting services in the industry and support to their fellow team members
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision benefits
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Life insurance
- Long term disability
- Profit sharing
- Commuter subsidy
- A fun work environment
Please review our web site at www.thefocalpoint.com and send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com. As part of The Focal Point’s comprehensive hiring process, we will be conducting a thorough background check on all eligible candidates. The Focal Point is an equal opportunity employer. EOE M/F/D/V.
Guy Grogan discuss the cures for turning a common closing summary into a powerful and persuasive argument for your case.