Senior Trial Technology Consultant (Oakland)
Senior Trial Technology Consultant
Founded in 1989, The Focal Point is a leading national trial graphics, strategy, and technology firm with offices in Oakland, New York and Dallas.
We work with trial lawyers on complex, high stakes cases to uncover persuasive case theories and themes and turn them into winning courtroom presentations. We help our clients explore trial themes, discover critical insights, test their case with perspective jurors, and develop powerful trial graphics designed for maximum impact on decision makers.
At The Focal Point, we value individual initiative and encourage free thinking and innovation. We welcome individuals who are enthusiastic about building a meaningful career, and invite them to be part of the leading company in the field of trial consulting.
We are looking for a highly skilled self-starter to be our West Coast-based Senior Technology Consultant to serve as a client contact and help manage projects in the development of persuasive visual trial presentations. A successful presentation at trial will educate and inform jurors and provide a deeper connection to the emotional and moral principles that guide their decision making.
The Senior Trial Technology Consultant will be responsible for consulting with attorneys on presentation technology and trial-data management. They organize and run attorney presentations, and coordinate all systems, databases and equipment related to visual presentation of TFP’s graphics, client videos, and documents at trials, hearings, and focus groups. All of this is done while managing and exceeding client expectations. They do this by organizing, coordinating, and administering all resources and activities for projects end-to-end. Based in our downtown Oakland office, this is a full-time, exempt position.
This is a great opportunity to join a thriving company in a dynamic and interesting field. We offer competitive pay, great benefits (including profit sharing!), a fun environment, and we’re just steps away from Oakland’s City Center BART.
- Coordinates systems for visual presentation of complex, high-profile trials and litigation-related hearings, including preparing graphic databases, on-site video editing and document imaging
- Troubleshoots technical aspects and equipment needed for successful presentations
- Sets up data format and troubleshoots unforeseen situations to resolve issues
- Creates and maintains database of source media and other related materials, including annotating and linking exhibits to legal presentations
- Works with client and court personnel to execute courtroom and warroom setup
- Prepares and edits video transcriptions including synchronizing transcripts to digitized video and creating clips and still images from videotape
- Creates, organizes and labels media of key information including digitizing CD and DVDs products
- Treats, crops and prepares documents for visual presentations
- Converts and manipulates data into PDF and other file formats
- Meets TFP’s high quality control standards at all times
We Are Looking For
- A Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of skills and experience
- 2-4 years’ experience working with systems and technical aspects of courtroom and/or corporate presentations
- Strong technical skills including thorough knowledge of PCs, computer networks, and audiovisual equipment
- Knowledge of trial-related presentation systems (Trial Director, Sanction, LiveNote, Concordance, iPro, Summation) and hands-on experience with standard image formats and major database and image base applications used by law firms a plus.
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Familiar with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and video editing software
- Excellent reliability and timeliness
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Able to work in constantly changing settings and flexibility to work extended hours when necessary
- Able to handle high pressure environment and tight deadlines on occasion
- Able to learn new software quickly
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-disciplined
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with ability to prioritize
- Travel requirement: 30-40%
- Ability to work from the Oakland office when needed
The Focal Point Offers
- Excellent opportunities for career development for qualified applicants who are motivated to provide the best consulting services in the industry and support to their fellow team members
- Competitive compensation, generous benefits, and the experience of working with one of the premier litigation consulting firms in the country
- A fun work environment
As part of The Focal Point’s comprehensive hiring process, we will be conducting a thorough background check on all eligible candidates. The Focal Point is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. EOE M/F/D/V.
Guy Grogan discuss the cures for turning a common closing summary into a powerful and persuasive argument for your case.