Graphic Designer (New York)
Founded in 1989, The Focal Point is a leading national trial strategy and graphics firm.
We work with trial lawyers on complex, high stakes cases to uncover persuasive case theories and themes and turn them into winning courtroom presentations. We help our clients explore trial communications issues, discover critical insights, and develop powerful graphics designed for maximum impact on decision makers.
At The Focal Point, we value individual initiative and encourage free thinking and innovation. We welcome individuals who are enthusiastic about building a meaningful career, and invite them to be part of the leading company in the field of trial communications.
We are looking for an experienced designer who has vector-based illustration skills and experience with the Adobe Creative Suite—particularly Illustrator and Flash—to join our soon-to-open office in New York.
- Function as a creative lead on both Oakland and New York office cases of all sizes and levels of complexity, coordinating with other designers such that work is completed in a qualitative and timely manner. Enhance concept development and solve design problems through creativity and technical expertise. Provide input on design department best practices/innovation.
- Oversee all aspects of infrastructure development projects including project budgeting. Work with the Production Supervisor and others to manage graphic production including the production of other designers so that all deadlines and quality standards are consistently met.
- Assist in hiring, training and managing others. Work constructively within group dynamic, garner respect among peers, and interact directly with clients in war room.
New Market Operations
- Help lead TFP in new markets. Assist with general operations.
- Provide support to the Member Group and Senior Case Manager/New York General Manager.
We Are Looking For
- 3–4 years’ experience illustrating concepts with Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop and Flash. Other Adobe Creative Suite programs a plus. Strong design skills (sketching, layout, and typography).
- Ability to understand the business of The Focal Point, i.e., look at topics from different viewpoints in order to get the best graphic ideas, distill complex ideas into simple, understandable, coherent and applicable graphics.
- Ability to work independently and also as a team member.
- Exceptional communication skills: visual, verbal, written.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Significant experience in litigation graphics or related professions.
- Experience managing and/or training other employees.
- BA or equivalent combination of skills and experience.
- The ability to travel 10–20 percent of time.
The Focal Point Offers
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision benefits
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Life insurance
- Long term disability
- Profit sharing
- Commuter subsidy
- A fun work environment
Please review our web site at www.thefocalpoint.com and send resume, cover letter, and an online portfolio including Flash samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. As part of The Focal Point’s comprehensive hiring process, we will be conducting a thorough background check on all eligible candidates. The Focal Point is an equal opportunity employer.
Guy Grogan discuss the cures for turning a common closing summary into a powerful and persuasive argument for your case.