Graphic Designer (Oakland)
Founded in 1989, The Focal Point is a leading national trial strategy and graphics firm.
We work with trial lawyers on complex, high stakes cases to uncover persuasive case theories and themes and turn them into winning courtroom presentations. We help our clients explore trial communications issues, discover critical insights, and develop powerful graphics designed for maximum impact on decision makers.
At The Focal Point, we value individual initiative and encourage free thinking and innovation. We welcome individuals who are enthusiastic about building a meaningful career, and invite them to be part of the leading company in the field of trial communications.
We are looking for an experienced designer who has vector-based illustration skills and experience with the Adobe Creative Suite—particularly Illustrator and Flash—to join our growing team in downtown Oakland.
- Create graphics and text exhibits for complex projects that convey key themes and reflect TFP’s position as the premiere national trial strategy and graphics firm.
- Create designs that illustrate concepts and communicate information in a compelling way.
- Lead all graphic aspects of complex projects.
- Oversee and collaborate with other designers and teams.
We Are Looking For
- 5–7 years’ experience illustrating concepts with the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator and Flash. Flash experience should include using ActionScript 2 or 3 to create interactive designs from start to finish.
- Exceptional typography skills.
- Command of color, composition, and general visual design.
- Experience with information design and designing for screen media.
- A team-oriented individual who participates and contributes to team efforts, has experience leading design teams and projects, and is comfortable asking questions, sharing feedback and receiving criticism.
- A self-motivated individual who is open to learning, good humored, and has an enthusiasm to innovate.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and commitment to creating exceptional work.
- Ability to understand the business of The Focal Point, bring new ideas, and an interest in conceptually challenging subject matter.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work flexible shifts.
- BFA or equivalent combination of skills and experience; MFA a plus.
- Experience with 3D modeling, After Effects, HTML and CSS a plus.
The Focal Point Offers
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision benefits
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Life insurance
- Long term disability
- Profit sharing
- Commuter subsidy
- A fun work environment
Please review our web site at www.thefocalpoint.com and send resume, cover letter, and an online portfolio including Flash samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. As part of The Focal Point’s comprehensive hiring process, we will be conducting a thorough background check on all eligible candidates. The Focal Point is an equal opportunity employer.
Guy Grogan discuss the cures for turning a common closing summary into a powerful and persuasive argument for your case.